Good news! Opportunities for IT job hiring in Davao are waiting for applicants. The region may have suffered from the effects of the pandemic, but it’s slowly recovering.
Last 2020, the employment rate of Davao dropped to 82.1 percent. But with quarantine restrictions easing and more businesses operating, it is among the cities with improved employment opportunities in 2021.
Now, are you interested in finding opportunities for IT job hiring in Davao? Let us help you with that. In this article, we will discuss the most in-demand information technology jobs you can apply to.
Whether you’re looking for leadership positions or other IT staff hiring vacancies in Davao, check out our list below.
Top Opportunities for IT Job Hiring in Davao
With more businesses operating again, there are many opportunities for you in the IT industry. Software development and other tech companies, like Full Scale, even offer work-from-home setups. This way, you can work closer to your family or anywhere in Davao.
Check out the overview of job descriptions for each position. Once you’re ready, you can look for companies for the IT job hiring position you want to apply for.
1. Software Developer
Do you want to create software with corporate or consumer-centric features? Then you’re fit to become a software developer. In this position, you will develop new software or update existing ones.
In this IT job, it is your primary responsibility to meet the client’s requirements for the project. Software functionalities, security, and bug fixes—all these are among the things you have to take care of. But don’t worry, there are various tools to make tasks easier for you.
In addition to that, you also have to handle software documentation. You need to record the tasks you have done throughout the development life cycle. This way, you keep track of your progress and configurations to stay consistent with the team.
Companies are also looking for professionals who can work with these frameworks and platforms:
- React Native
- AWS Serverless
So, if you have the qualifications, soft skills, and expertise in these areas, your chance of getting hired increases. Some companies like Full Scale also consider those looking for entry-level positions as software developers.
2. Software Engineer
A software engineer is in charge of designing software systems. This position requires you to use computer science principles and mathematical analysis for your tasks. Aside from handling software design, you also need to manage the following tasks:
- Collaborate with the development team and clients for technical solutions, systems development, and software scalability
- Ensure that software utilities and systems are running smoothly
- Design testing and verification methods to measure usability and software performance
- Establish processes for testing results and test data, among others
- Stay updated on the latest trends and best practices for software engineering
To fill this kind of IT staff hiring, you need to have the right qualifications and experience. However, if you’re lacking some required certifications, you can always start developing your professional skills in this line of work.
3. QA Automation Engineer
As a quality assurance automation engineer, it is your responsibility to design automated tests for the product. Breaking down your primary job into tasks look like this:
- Develop an initial test design to verify the product’s functionality
- Write test scripts
- Install automated testing protocols
- Create reports from the automated tests
- Work with the whole software development team for system improvements
- Install relevant databases
- Review software weakness, target areas, and bug reports to help solve software faults
To be eligible for the position, you need the following skills on your professional armory:
- In-depth technical knowledge when it comes to software or application testing
- Strong attention to detail
- Advanced knowledge and relevant experience with system automation and database
- Excellent analytical and problem-solving skills
- Good project management skills
- Great communication skills
Since this position is applicable in many industries, there’s a wide range of information technology jobs available in Davao, Philippines.
4. QA Analyst
The QA analyst ensures that the software product is free from errors and bugs before deployment. It should also meet the standards of the client and the product’s end users.
As the one in charge during the testing phase, the position’s duties include:
- Help design and implement tests for product functionality and reliability
- Determine processes and scenarios for quality control
- Document and create a report for bugs and other errors identified during the testing phase within the testing environment
- Collaborate with the development team for product improvements
- Monitor and track progress when it comes to resolving issues
Now, are you suited to become a QA analyst? Make sure to check the qualifications and relevant experience needed to fill this IT job before sending your application.
5. IT Manager
Among the most in-demand job hiring in Davao is the position of an IT Manager. Businesses now are more reliant on technology. So a lot of companies are looking for professionals with the right competencies to support their IT infrastructure.
As an IT manager, you have to maintain the organization’s computer network, hardware, and software. Aside from this task, you also need to take care of the following:
- Install and configure new computer hardware, software, and other systems
- Monitor the performance of existing IT systems
- Provide technical support and issue resolution across the organization
- Test new technologies before their implementation in the system
- Create reports for equipment or device replacements to ensure system uptime
Now, if you want to fill this job in Davao, then you need to have these general qualifications that most companies post.
- Bachelor’s degree in any IT-related field
- Relevant work experience as an IT staff
- Strong communication skills
- Excellent knowledge in computer support and troubleshooting
- Organized and strong problem-solving skills
- Good time management skills
However, there are also companies that require different qualifications. Some even accept applicants without any experience especially if it’s an entry-level position that needs to be filled. So if you’re a fresh graduate or new to the industry, there are still opportunities for you.
6. Remote IT Help Desk
The remote help desk professional is part of the telecommuting customer service in the IT industry. The main responsibility of the position is to support users with technical and troubleshooting issues. Regardless of the concern is hardware or software, the technician provides support remotely.
Other tasks of a remote IT help desk professional entail the following:
- Respond to support requests from users, either through email or phone
- Catalog the technical concerns for reporting purposes
- Connect the user to other IT professionals when the concern is beyond your technical knowledge
At times, this position is also known as help desk administrator or remote help desk analyst. And just like other postings for job hiring in Davao, there may be varying qualifications for the position. So make sure to check it out first before sending your application.
7. Information Security Manager
A security breach is a costly battle for every business. This is why there is a rise in the demand for information security managers in the Philippines.
It is the information security manager’s job to protect customer data and proprietary information. This role controls and oversees software security plans and their implementation whether as part of a development team or as corporate staff.
The job also encompasses these tasks on a case-to-case basis:
- Prevent any malicious, unauthorized, and deliberate cyberattack to corrupt the system or steal information
- Plot security plans and improvements to help the system efficiently navigate against spyware, viruses, and worms
- Monitor and prevent the abuse of permissions granted to system users
- Assess risks and threats to existing systems
- Test and create reports for security technologies and systems
- Help prepare technical documentation for users and other stakeholders
Increase your chances of filling this job opportunity in Davao. Check out the common ways to become more eligible, whether here or abroad.
8. Project Manager
More IT and software development projects are pouring in. So it’s no wonder that the job hiring postings in Davao also flood with project manager positions. If you have the qualifications to become a project manager or a supervisor, then you have lots of options.
Are you thinking of applying for one? Well, these are the main roles you have to perform once you’re hired.
- Team leader — You’re responsible for the efficiency and productivity of the team. Make sure you’re within the timeline and the project specifications are in order.
- Problem solver — Is there any misunderstanding or issues within the team? You’re the mediator between team members to resolve them. You also help your members resolve any issues that arise in development.
- Liaison officer — You are the bridge between the client and the team. This means that you will communicate the project updates to the clients. And if there are concerns, you need to work with both stakeholders to address them.
- Mentor — As the head of the team, you need to ensure that the team’s skills development is taken care of. It entails coaching every team member from time to time to empower their strengths and address their weaknesses.
If you’re ready to fulfill these roles, then you’re ready to become a project manager. The next thing you need to do is assess whether you also have the following additional qualifications:
- Bachelor’s degree in any IT- and computer science-related field
- Excellent team and project management skills
- Extensive knowledge in the industry you’re applying for
- Relevant experience in the project management
- Strong communication skills
- Great problem-solving and analytical skills
Find the right career as you browse through IT job hiring in Davao
The increase in IT job hiring in the region is great news for professionals. Since the restrictions of the pandemic are easing, more jobs are open for those with experience and expertise.
Even when you’re still a fresh graduate, there are opportunities that you can still apply to. Don’t be afraid to explore your IT job options in the industry.
Now, if you’re also in the early stages of having a career shift, there are also positions available that may suit your qualifications. All you need to do is look around these information technology jobs in the area.
Full Scale is looking for people like you!
Full Scale is an offshore development center with an office in Cebu City. But with our work-from-home setup, you can work anywhere in the country.
Aside from this convenient arrangement, we also offer more perks and benefits for qualified individuals. We offer a highly competitive compensation package, whether you have relevant experience or are still new to the industry.
Most importantly, we believe that a supportive and collaborative environment is crucial to the success of each project. That is why we have programs geared toward both the professional and personal development of our teams.
What are you waiting for? Apply today!